It’s cold outside y’all! Yikes! I wonder what hurricane season will look like? I had to whip up something fast for the family so I made a Balsamic glazed roasted sweet peppers with chorizo and a creamy sofrito sauce served over herbed couscous. Que Rico! Slap yo’ mama good! Enjoy it and let me know if you liked the recipes! Le Bon Temps Rouler!
Roasted Sweet Peppers with Chorizo
Assorted sweet small peppers (1lb)
1/2 cup of julienned red onions
1/2 cup of julienned gala apples
1 clove of chopped garlic
1 Mexican chorizo link
1tsp. salted butter
2tbs. of balsamic vinegar
1 box of herbed couscous
*I will post my Sofrito recipe when I make a fresh batch. It’s a Latin pesto sauce that you keep on reserve in your freezer for sauces, meats and beans.
-Roast assorted small sweet peppers at 400 degrees for 20 min.
– Julienne onions and apples
– Sauté onions and apples in salted butter until onions are translucent on medium heat
– Add chorizo and garlic and sauté until chorizo is thoroughly cooked
– Add peppers and sauté for 2 minutes
– Add balsamic vinegar and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
-Serve over herbed cooked couscous
*Follow herbed couscous box instructions
Any questions or feedback let me know! It was riquisimo!!